Valorant fans are counting down to the start of the new season. Valorant Episode 6, Act 1 has a release date of January 10 and a release time of 5pm GMT in the UK. Titled Revelation, the new season launches alongside a new Battlepass, complete with a host of new cosmetics. That’s on top of the new Lotus map, which is in India on Omega Earth. It goes without saying that Valorant fans will be able to download a massive new update to go along with the new season, the details of which can be seen below.
As you can see in the patch notes, Lotus is a new 3-site map with a variety of different rotations.
It features Indian stepwells, rock-cut architecture, and Dravidian-style structures, including environmental mechanics like revolving doors and destructible walls.
Meanwhile, Battlepass introduces the ARAXYS skin line, incorporating the New Year, Valentine’s Day, and Lunar New Year celebrations.
That’s on top of the classic 9 LIVES pistol skin, a Shock Heart spray, and a Folded Wish pistol buddy.
In terms of changes, the split map returns with new tweaks to make it easier to attack.
You can check out the changes to the split map below, along with other new gameplay features and bug fixes.
GAME SYSTEMS UPDATES
• Changed the way weapons process Zoom inputs for ADS and Scopes when using Toggle Zoom.
– There should now be fewer cases that can lead to Zoom disagreements between Client and Server under adverse network conditions such as packet loss and ping fluctuation.
– Additionally, zoom inputs when using Toggle Zoom can now be buffered earlier than before and multiple zoom level transitions can be buffered at once.
• New map: Lotus
– Lotus is a new 3-site map that offers a variety of rotation options. Unlock the secrets behind the doors of these ancient ruins.
– Please note that the Solo Lotus queue will only be playable in Swiftplay mode for one week and will then move to the unranked and competitive map rotation in patch 6.1.
• Pull apart
– Split returns with some tweaks to make attacking a bit easier.
• A principal
– The attackers’ first engagement zone has been expanded and a small border for confusion has been added.
– The boost box next to the orb has been reduced to give attackers a new position to look at in site A.
• Some beams
– Removed the bottom up area, making it much easier to handle as an attacker.
• A tower
– The back section of the Tower has been flattened to make fighting Ramps easier for both teams.
– Players can now silently deploy the middle platform.
– The middle box jump cheat was also removed for simplicity.
• Tower B
– Removed the jump box on the defender side to simplify spacing.
• Rope pocket B
– The hard corner here has been smoothed out to make it easier to clear the spot.
• Please note that Breeze and Bind have now been removed from the unranked and competitive map rotation, but are still playable in all other modes.
Omen’s Dark Coverage (E)
• Dark Cover placed inside walls will now drop to the height of the nearby ground.
– One-way smokes are a part of VALORANT, but they are difficult to play against and we want to keep them limited to intentional and understandable areas.
● Odin’s ammo belt will no longer visually appear in an upright position when swapping companions-in-arms in the Model Viewer.
– Fixed a bug when breaking the door in Market using a skill on the wall to the side.
• Fixed a bug where Cypher’s tripwire (C) could be placed through Sage’s barrier orb (C).
• Fixed items such as traps not taking damage if placed on molotov patches that were already active.
• Fixed a bug where you could see Skye’s Seekers (X) on the minimap while they were still invisible if you had line of sight to their hidden location.
• Fixed a bug where suppression would not correctly break the Marauder (C) control of Fade.
• Fixed a bug where Viper could disable his ult, Viper’s Pit (X), while it was suppressed.
• Fixed various damage interactions in the game:
– Killjoy’s Lockdown (X) now correctly takes damage from all abilities.
– Fixed Skye’s Trailblazer (Q) dealing damage to enemy Skye’s Trailblazer (Q) and Sova’s Owl Drone (C).
– Fixed Sova’s Hunter’s Fury (X) and Breach’s Aftershock (C) not damaging Raze’s (Q) Blast Pack.
– Fixed Phoenix’s Blaze (C) not dealing damage to Harbor’s Cove (Q), Raze’s Blast Pack (Q), Reyna’s Leer (C), Sova’s Recon Bolt (E), and KAY/O’s ZERO/POINT (E).
– Fixed Brimstone’s Orbital Strike (X) not dealing damage to Harbor’s Cove (Q).
– Fixed Breach’s Replica (C), Raze’s Showtopper (X) and Paint Shells (E) damaging allied Killjoy’s Nanoswarm (C).
– Fixed Sova’s Hunter’s Fury (X) damaging the ally’s Haunt Fade (E).
– Fixed Killjoy’s Nanoswarm (C), Phoenix’s Hot Hands (E), and Blaze (C) not dealing damage to Chamber’s Rendezvous (E) and Trademark (C).
#Valorant #Episode #Patch #Notes #Release #Time #Lotus #Map #Preview