Ronaldo gets chance to seal Chelsea transfer after Tuchel departure
Ronaldo has made no secret of his desire to leave Old Trafford, as the 37-year-old originally submitted a transfer request in the summer to try to force a move to a Champions League club. Chelsea were one of the teams credited with an interest in signing him with Todd Boehly keen to bring the forward to Stamford Bridge as he looked to mark his takeover of the club with a marquee signing.
However, then manager Tuchel had no reservations about Ronaldo’s ability to fit into a modern football team. Now that the German is gone, that ‘obstacle’ has now been removed in accordance with CBS transfer guru Ben Jacobs with the player’s agent, Jorge Mendes, ready to re-offer him to the club.
“I told Jorge Mendes I would offer Ronaldo to Chelsea again, but any possible move remains ‘difficult’,” Jacobs wrote in Twitter. “Thomas Tuchel was the main obstacle last summer, refusing to have a serious conversation. He spoke to Ralf Rangnick and he was adamantly against the idea and chafed every time it was brought up”.
In a promotional clip from the interview with Morgan, due to be completed on Wednesday and Thursday, Ronaldo claimed there were people inside the club who want him out even though he himself tried to force him to move.
“Not only the coach (he wants me out). . . there are two or three people around the club,” he said. “I felt betrayed and I felt like some people don’t want me here, not just this year but last year as well. They have turned me into a black sheep.”
What Ronaldo does next with his career remains to be seen, but it looks increasingly likely that he will have no future at United, with a move to Chelsea potentially one of the options that could be available.
#Ronaldo #chance #seal #Chelsea #transfer #Tuchel #departure