Overwatch 2 Season 3 Release Date, Patch Notes, New Map, Skins, and More
Overwatch 2 fans are counting down to the start of Season 3 on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. The new season of Overwatch 2 has a release date of February 7 and a release time of 6pm GMT in the UK. Needless to say, the new season will be accompanied by a massive new update, not to mention a new Battle Pass with a host of legendary skins, emotes, sprays, and more.
The main new cosmetic is the Mythic Amaterasu Kiriko skin, which is available alongside the Honey Bee Mercy skin in the Starter Pack and the Beekeeper Sigma skin in the Ultimate Battle Pass pack.
Speaking of cosmetics, one of the most exciting features of the new season is the ability to earn credits through the Battle Pass.
Credits can be used in the Item Shop and against over 250 different cosmetics from the original Overwatch.
On the other hand, the new season presents the Map of the Antarctic Peninsula, which is home to an abandoned Ecopoint station.
Blizzard will also be adding a new Streamer Protect feature, giving streamers the ability to hide sensitive information when streaming live.
Other in-game features, items, and events will debut throughout the season, such as LoverWatch Valentine’s Dating Sim on February 13 and the One-Punch Man crossover on March 7.
For more information on game settings and features, please refer to the patch notes below…
• Improved caption options: text scalability, character portrait icons, speaker name, text color, background color, and caption preview in options menu
• Added mouse cursor size setting for PC
• Added setting to select custom colors for group and alert colors in the UI. Added preview function to preview custom colors in accessibility options
• Added challenges to unlock “Silhouette” player icons for all heroes
• Tracking added for each of the roles for the “Role Mastery” weekly challenge
• Added Ramattra unlock challenges.
• Partial progress through the Season 3 Battle Pass now carries over to the “Victory for Ramattra” challenge.
• Players can now back the opposing team
• All players can now be backed in Free for Free game modes.
• Players can view previous game scores in the View Game Reports menu found in the History tab of the Career Profile.
Mystery Hero Changes
• Mystery Heroes now limit each team to a maximum of three of each role.
– Example: You are Reinhardt in Mystery Heroes. His team also includes Mercy, Ana and Lucio.
– When you die, you can’t respawn as a support hero because there are already three support heroes on your team. You will respawn as a damage or tank hero.
• This new maximum role limit can be changed in Custom Games under Settings > Modes > All > Random Hero Role Limit Per Team.
• This setting only works when the Respawn as Random Hero setting is enabled.
Overwatch credits are back
• Overwatch Credits, previously called “Legacy Credits” and couldn’t be earned in Overwatch 2, can now be earned again by progressing through the Season 3 Battle Pass.
• All players can earn up to 1,500 credits as free rewards, and another 500 credits are available as premium rewards in the Season 3 Battle Pass.
• Credits can be spent in the Hero Gallery, which now contains nearly every epic and legendary seasonal skin released prior to the release of Overwatch 2.
– This includes many skins that were previously only available to purchase with coins in the “Just For You” section of our store
Ping System Update
• Pressing Skill 1 or Skill 2 when the indicator wheel is open and when these skills are on cooldown now prints these cooldowns in chat.
– Example: If Baptiste’s immortality field is on cooldown and you press the key/button to activate the ability while the spinner is open, the ability’s cooldown will be printed in chat.
#Overwatch #Season #Release #Date #Patch #Notes #Map #Skins