Fortnite fans are counting down to the release of the 23.10 update on PS5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and Android. The first major Fortnite update of the season has a release date of December 13 and a release time of 9am GMT in the UK. Needless to say, as a major update, it will be released in conjunction with an extended server maintenance window, which starts at 8:30am and lasts until around 11:00am GMT.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, along with a preview on what to expect.
“What’s that under the tree? It’s the 23.10 update!” read a tweet from Epic. “Unwrap it tomorrow with downtime starting at 4am ET and matchmaking will go down shortly before.”
As you can see from the tweet, the latest update will set the stage for the festive Winterfest event.
The Winterfest event typically features new challenges, holiday items, in-game decorations, limited-time game modes, and festive skins.
Outside of Winterfest, Epic is gearing up to bring the My Hero Academia crossover to Fortnite on December 16. New My Hero Academia skins and items will be leaked after the update.
Speaking of crossovers, Fortnite expert Hypex thinks we may finally see Die Hard skins and items in the game. Check out the tweet below.
In addition, Epic Games will be making a large number of bug fixes and adjustments to the game. You can see the first patch notes below.
Fortnite Update 23.10 Patch Notes…
• Players get a blue lobby background
– Changing the language to another language and vice versa, or restarting Fortnite, or just playing a match and going back to the lobby should update the lobby background.
Battle Royale Fixes
• Overshield damage numbers appear in white
– We are aware of an issue where damage numbers appear as White Health instead of Blue Shield when hitting a player’s Overshield with a DMR, Sniper, or Explosives. This is just a visual issue, the damage is applied appropriately.
• Controller inputs do not work on PC when spectatoring.
– When joining a party that is already in a match and watching them, PC gamers using a controller may notice that the controller buttons are unresponsive.
• Shockwave hammers do not damage player-built structures.
– By damaging your own buildings with the Shockwave Hammer, you will not be able to destroy them. Fixed in v23.10
Save the World Fixes
• Missing text on some UI menus
– We are aware of an issue with some UI menus missing text in STW.
Mobile and cloud solutions
• Scroll through the Battle Pass
– Players cannot scroll through the Battle Pass by swiping and must use the arrows to scroll.
#Fortnite #Patch #Notes #Downtime #Winterfest #Hero #Academia