Sports

Djokovic said he should “regret” actions when Australia’s ban was lifted

Australia’s federal opposition leader has stated that he expects Novak Djokovic to “repent some elements of his conduct” as the Serb prepares to return to the country after his three-year ban is overturned. The world number 8 will be allowed to compete at the 2023 Australian Open after being deported earlier in the year due to issues over his unvaccinated status.

Djokovic finally got the news he had been waiting for on Tuesday morning, as it was reported that the Australian government had made a decision to revoke his three-year ban on entering the country in time to compete at the Australian Open in two months. . weather. The nine-time Australian champion made headlines when his visa was canceled twice earlier this year before he was deported, an action that carries an automatic three-year ban.

But now he has been given the green light to return with his ban lifted by the current federal government, after a new party came to power during this year’s election, meaning those who decided to deport Djokovic would no longer make decisions. . But the leader of the Federal Opposition has now spoken out after it was confirmed that the 35-year-old would be welcome back to Australia.

Peter Dutton admitted that he thought the 90-time title winner should regret some aspects of how things played out earlier this year, but agreed that Djokovic deserved to return in January. “I think it’s appropriate that Novak is invited here,” he told Sky News Australia.

JUST ON: Carlos Alcaraz humiliates Novak Djokovic as Big Four reign ends



#Djokovic #regret #actions #Australias #ban #lifted

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button