Entertainment

Daniel Craig talks about the future of James Bond after his departure

No Time To Die was delayed for years, but was finally released on September 28, 2021, marking Daniel Craig’s fifth and final journey as James Bond. Since then, all eyes have been on Bond’s bosses to decide which actor will replace the Brit. In a new interview, Craig was asked about the next star set to take on his role and how he thinks about the future of the franchise.

Craig certainly has a deep interest in the future of the series, considering he played Bond for 15 years. But when it comes to the rumors about who might play 007 next. Craig confessed: “I don’t really pay attention.”

He went on to say that he “has no social media,” so he probably misses out on all the constant, rampant speculation about the next Bond actor.

The 54-year-old added: “I just… don’t go online.” However, he revealed that he has some interest in the actor who will replace him.

Craig, who was speaking with Josh Horowitz during a live edition of the Happy Sad Confused podcast, was then asked if he would be interested in seeing his replacement movie.

He replied, “I’ll be front and center [at the cinema].” This isn’t the first time Craig has spoken about the future of James Bond. Rumors have permeated Hollywood suggesting that James Bond could be changed to Jane Bond in the future. But last year, Craig was very open about the fact that that Bond should remain a man.

Craig said: “The answer to that is very simple. There should just be better roles for women and actors of color. Why should a woman play James Bond when there should be as good a role as James Bond, but for a woman? “

Craig has also given some insightful advice to whoever will replace him in the years to come. And, considering that the British star has become one of the longest-serving 007 actors of all time, the next actor should take note.

Craig said, “There are a couple of things I would say. One is don’t be shit. I would say you have to grab it and make it your own.” (Via The Sun) He also noted that he left the franchise in a position that is perfect for a newcomer. He explained: “I hope I put it in a good place and I hope the next person can make it fly. It’s an amazing franchise. I still think there are a lot of stories to tell.”

The official announcement about the next James Bond actor is likely to be dropped in the next year or so. But until then, the odds are all Bond fans should carry on.

For now, in a strange twist, British star Aaron Taylor-Johnson has emerged as the betting favourite. Ladbrokes recently gave the Marvel actor an incredible 2/1 on becoming the next 007.

Ladbrokes’ Alex Apati said: “Our traders have been scratching their heads a bit after seeing Aaron Taylor-Johnson jump to the top of the betting, but he continues to hold the top spot in the race to replace Daniel Craig, with Henry Cavill now being his closest rival for the 007 concert.”

FOUNTAIN / FOUNTAIN / FOUNTAIN



#Daniel #Craig #talks #future #James #Bond #departure

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button