Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo receives two-match ban and FA fine after Man Utd departure

Cristiano Ronaldo has been fined £50,000 and given a two-game ban by the FA less than 24 hours after he terminated his contract with Manchester United. The punishment relates to an incident following the Red Devils’ match against Everton in April, when the Portuguese star appeared to snatch the phone from a young fan’s hands in a fit of rage.

The 37-year-old has been dominating the headlines recently following his explosive interview with Piers Morgan, in which he touched on various figures at United including Glazer owners and manager Erik ten Hag.

Following Ronaldo’s comments, it emerged on Tuesday that both he and the club had agreed to end their relationship, with Ronaldo now a free agent. Now, however, the five-time Ballon d’Or winner has received some bad news from the FA, according to Mirror

The imposed ban means that if Ronaldo were ever to return to the Premier League, he would be banned for two matches, with Newcastle and Chelsea said to be interested in his services. And he’s also due to pay a hefty £50,000 fine for his actions at Goodison Park earlier this year.

Ronaldo was warned by Merseyside Police following the phone incident and issued a public apology on Instagram. In the post he shared, he wrote: “It is never easy to deal with emotions in difficult times like the one we are living through. However, we always have to be respectful, patient and set an example for all young people who love beauty.” play.

“I would like to apologize for my outburst and if possible I would like to invite this fan to watch a game at Old Trafford as a display of fair play and sportsmanship.”

The invitation to watch a match, however, was turned down by the 14-year-old’s mother, who said her son Jake had autism and was furious at Ronaldo’s behaviour.

Ronaldo is currently in Qatar with Portugal and is expected to face many questions about the end of his contract with United when he addresses the media on Wednesday. The striker shared some of his feelings about the breakup on social media when the news broke.

“Following discussions with Manchester United, we have agreed to terminate our contract early,” Ronaldo said in a statement. “I love Manchester United and I love the fans, that will never change. However, I feel the time is right to look for a new challenge.”

“I wish the team every success for the rest of the season and for the future.”



#Cristiano #Ronaldo #receives #twomatch #ban #fine #Man #Utd #departure

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button